May 17, 2020
KEY TAKEAWAYS: face masks/covering required, QR Code with heath questionnaire to be completed daily.
Welcome Back! This is just a reminder that Summer Trimester starts Monday, May 18, 2020. To ensure the health and well-being of our campus community, please adhere to the following guidelines:
Arrive early as everyone must go through a screening process. Campus will be open to students, faculty and staff by 7:30AM. No outside visitors are permitted at this time.
Mask/face covering is required. The college will have disposable mask if you need one, but you are encouraged to bring your own.
Expect delays on the first day as the screening process may take some extra time. QR Code or paper form of heath questionnaire to be completed daily by all students, faculty and staff. QR Code is posted outside of doors. Show your instructor the results of the survey. You will get a green checkmark or a red x. Before entrance is allowed at all campuses, everyone must complete a questionnaire and receive a green checkmark. Anyone who doesn’t receive a green mark will not be permitted to enter.
TCAT Knoxville will continue to monitor the status of the COVID-19 pandemic and determine if the schedule will need to be adjusted or modified throughout the trimester.
Required Safety Precautions for Students
- All students allowed on campus will be required to complete student questionnaire.
- All students must adhere to social distancing requirement of at least 6 feet apart in courtyard and common areas.
- All students must adhere to hand washing requirements.
- All students will wear mandatory protective equipment in lab areas.
- All students must adhere to all CDC and the Tennessee Department of Health guidelines.
- All students are required to wear face masks/covering for everyone’s safety.
Institution Safety Precautions
- Deep cleaning will be performed at all locations prior to May 18, 2020.
- Daily cleaning will occur throughout the day and after all student interactions from skills/labs training.
- All faculty and staff must adhere to social distancing.
- All faculty and staff must adhere to continual hand washing requirements.
- Protective equipment will be worn by all faculty, staff, and students when needed
- Each campus will have a supply of disposable masks. Students, faculty, and staff may wear the furnished masks or one of their own masks.
- Vending/breakroom area is temporarily closed.
- Public water fountains will not be operational. Bring water bottle or soft drinks if you choose.
- Everyone must adhere to handwashing guidelines.
Just know your success and good health during this trimester is our highest priority. If you have questions or need additional assistance, please contact student services, your instructor, or me.
Have a great summer!
Kelli Chaney, President