The Cosmetology program provides the student with basic theory and clinical knowledge of the beauty industry through the use of approved textbooks, classroom instruction, and practical application with mannequins and live models.
Day Class Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 2:30 PM
Night Class Schedule: Monday - Friday, 3:30 PM to 10 PM
|Time Commitment||Full Time|
|Typical Program Length||16 Months|
|Class Type||Day, Night|
|Consumer Information||View Info|
All of the below documents must be submitted to complete your application.
- Complete Application for Enrollment online
- Provide Proof of Completed FAFSA
- Provide an official copy in a sealed envelope of one of the following:
- A High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma transcript with a score of at least 450 with no score less than 410 in any area
- A high school transcript with proof of completion of at least the 10th grade with 12 high school credits
- IMPORTANT: If you have foreign transcripts you will need to provide an English translated version of your transcript and have your education evaluated through the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. Please visit their website at www.naces.org for more information.
- If you are transferring hours from High School or another cosmetology program, you MUST turn in an OFFICIAL COPY of your RECORD OF COMPLETION from the Department of Commerce & Insurance.
1100 Liberty Street
Knoxville, TN 37919
Provide beauty services, such as shampooing, cutting, coloring, and styling hair, and massaging and treating scalp. May apply makeup, dress wigs, perform hair removal, and provide nail and skin care services.
Bright Outlook: Yes
Currently employed in the area: 10,800
Current job openings per year: 1,690