The Nursing Aide/CNA course is approved by Tennessee Department of Health. This course will prepare the student to become a certified nursing assistant. Upon completion of the Nursing Aide course, the student is eligible to take the CNA test administered by D&S Diversified Technologies for the Tennessee Department of Health. Passing the state certification test provides the student with the title of CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant). A student may be eligible for financial aid to pay the tuition for the Nursing Aide/CNA program. Employment opportunities include: Assisted Living facilities, Home Health, Long-Term care facilities, hospitals, and physician’s office and clinics. Tuition is $461. Costs for books, state test fees, criminal background check, drug screen, and uniforms are not included in the tuition fee.
Day Class Schedule: Monday - Thursday, 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM
|Time Commitment||Part Time|
|Typical Program Length||2 Months|
Steps to Enroll:
To enroll in the Nursing Assistant course you will need to do the following:
- Click Apply Now.
- Create a First Time User Account.
- Once email acceptance is received, log in to MyTCAT portal to confirm admissions.
- Pay tuition ($461) in MyTCAT portal via My Account icon.
Also all applicants must provide the following to Mrs. Linda Hafley by the second week of class:
- A background check from TrueScreen. The Background check can NOT come from the Police Department!
- A ten panel urine drug screen from any laboratory, physician’s office or clinic.
- A physical Examination.
- An immunization record showing proof of antibody titer from a health care provider. The immunizations necessary are as follows: Measles, mumps, ruella or positive titer, Hepatitis series (series may be started, compoleted or declined), Tuberculin skin test or chest x-ray with negative results (mandatory yearly requirement), 2 varicella vaccines or documented history of the disease (mandatory), and seasonal flu vaccine (mandatory annual requirement each year during October).
You must register in person and registration is first come, first serve. The total estimated program cost will be around $833 and will include books, supplies, tuition, uniforms, and your state board exam.
Important Note about Course Requirements: Applicants cannot be on the Abuse Registry or have a theft conviction. By the second week of class, applicants must provide the instructor with a background check from Truescreen, a physical exam form completed by a physician or nurse practitioner, negative Tb skin test, and a ten panel drug screen.
Applicant must be at least 18 years of age to enroll in this class.
Fall 2019 Schedule (Registration will begin August 15 for summer classes)
|Day September 9||M-Th||8:00 am – 2:30 pm||September 9 - October 10|
|Day November 4||M-Th||8:00 am – 2:30 pm||November 4 - December 11|
1100 Liberty Street
Knoxville, TN 37919
Provide basic patient care under direction of nursing staff. Perform duties such as feed, bathe, dress, groom, or move patients, or change linens. May transfer or transport patients. Includes nursing care attendants, nursing aides, and nursing attendants.
Bright Outlook: Yes
Currently employed in the area: 31,360
Current job openings per year: 4,490