Title: Facilities Support Associate 1 (Custodial), Full Time
Employee Classification: Service/Maintenance
Campus Location: TCAT Knoxville
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for the position of Facilities Support Associate. The Facilities Support Associate will work independently and in coordination with the other Facilities Support Associate and college administration to maintain campus buildings and immediate grounds, custodial, maintenance, and performing other duties as may be assigned. This position will work Monday through Friday 37.5 hours a week, 7.5 hours per day.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: To be considered for a position at TCAT Knoxville, you must create and submit an online application with your required documents. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using what is recorded on your application. Please be sure to include the complete begin and end dates under your employment history. Scan and attach all required documents to the online application in Word or PDF format to be considered.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION:
- Educational transcripts/diploma
- Technical Certificate/Diploma (optional)
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. An offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the material and equipment used in custodial/housekeeping.
- Experience in custodial/housekeeping
Cleaning, sanitizing, and maintaining assigned areas.
Cleans breakrooms, restrooms, hallways, offices, classrooms, and other areas on a routine schedule.
Replenishes building supplies, such as toilet paper, paper towels, soap, trash bags, etc. as needed.
Performs security functions such as unlocking, locking, and checking doors and windows.
Maintain campus buildings and immediate grounds
Ensure that facilities meet environmental, health and safety standards.
Some travel to off-campus sites • Performs other duties as assigned - (Essential)
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical demands):
Walking or constantly standing; must be able to climb ladders, stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, crawl; use tools or special devices to work, move, guide, or place objects.
Requires mental and visual attention to detail. - (Essential)
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees.
- Ability to use tools and equipment to perform tasks related to facility upkeep.
- Mature attitude and dependability required.
- Ability to do repetitive movements and tasks.
- General computer skills are necessary.