Job TitleTechnician II
Job TitleTractor Technician IIReports To TitleMaintenance ManagerJob Code Band / Grade / FLSANon-ExemptEffectiveSeptember 2020Job FamilyMaintenanceWho We Are:TOTAL Transportation is dedicated to the profitable delivery of each of our customer's shipments safely, on-time, and claim-free. Our commitment to consistently providing superior service is what makes TOTAL Transportation of Mississippi the best trucking company for all your U.S. transportation needs. We strive daily to provide the service our customers expect and deserve. Safety, security and service will prevail above all else. Each and every employee of Total Transportation of Mississippi is now and always will be dedicated to these principles. What You’ll Do:
- Capable of diagnosing and repairing most transmission, engine, electrical, suspension, driveline, HVAC, brakes and air systems. May require assistance from Tech III.
- Repair/Replace bolt on body parts such as hoods and cab extenders.
- Perform DOT inspections as outlined in TTMS guidelines.
- Perform open seat inspections to prepare tractor for next driver.
- Perform 90-day lease operator inspections.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Capable of using all diagnostic equipment and resources.
- Drive trucks in and out of shop before and after repairs.
- Clean and maintain work area on a daily basis.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to most SRT times.
- Perform basic or minor repairs and inspections on brakes, tires, wiring etc.
- Perform basic and routine preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers
- Check vehicle fluids; transmission, oil, windshield wiper, antifreeze, etc.
- Perform vehicle preventative maintenance (pm’s) as outlined in TTMS pm guideline’s
- Change vehicle tires
- Grease mechanical parts
- Must be able to move equipment in and out of shop
- Maintain proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Ability to work on an TTMS site or TTMS customer location site while performing the essential functions of this position.
- May include other duties as assigned by management
What We’re Looking For: Education
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 2-5 years tractor experience preferred
- DOT, AC, and brake certifications required
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Ability to read and write
- Must provide own hand tools that is adequate to perform job functions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time supporting full body weight
- Ability to walk 1000 feet minimum and change positions frequently
- Ability to frequently move shoulders with full range of motion in all six planes of movement
- Ability to reach heights over 72” frequently; ability to crouch to height of 18” frequently
- Ability to reach and stretch across the midline with full cervical range of motion and bilateral range of motion
- Ability to use hand tools constantly for extended periods of time
- Ability to stoop to 30” minimum and kneel to 18” minimum
- Ability to frequently climb 51’ with one 24” step and pull full body weight.
- Ability to frequently climb stairs 24” without a hand hold rail.
- Ability to pull self-up ladder with 4x17”steps with upper body pull.
- Ability to constantly go in/out of truck on 51” and one 24” step pulling full body weight.
- Ability to frequently go up and down ramp.
- Ability to occasionally push 250 lbs, pull 125 lbs, frequently push/pull 100/50 lbs and constantly push/pull 50/25 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally carry, lift overhead, high, low and medium lift 51/75 lbs, frequently 50/21 lbs and constantly 20/1 lbs.
- Ability to withstand occasional temperature and humidity extremes with work outdoors and in trailers.
Why Total?Right Role. Right Tools. Right People. We invest in our talent starting on day one. You will be provided with personal and professional development opportunities that complement your interests and encourage you to build a career you’re passionate about. Whether it is employee stock options, profit-sharing, 401K, professional development, or our competitive pay, we help prepare you for the future. Be part of an organization that values out-of-the-box thinking and rewards employees for going above and beyond. Curious about the other benefits of working with us? Check out other perks below!
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation, Sick, & Personal time
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
Work Environment / Physical Requirements – Normal office settingsThis job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected for this position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Employees performing this job may be asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Total is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce.