Job TitleTechnician I
Who We Are:TOTAL Transportation is dedicated to the profitable delivery of each of our customer's shipments safely, on-time, and claim-free. Our commitment to consistently providing superior service is what makes TOTAL Transportation of Mississippi the best trucking company for all your U.S. transportation needs. We strive daily to provide the service our customers expect and deserve. Safety, security and service will prevail above all else. Each and every employee of Total Transportation of Mississippi is now and always will be dedicated to these principles.What You’ll Do:
- ·Perform basic and routine preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers
- Check vehicle fluids; transmission, oil, windshield wiper, antifreeze, etc.
- Perform vehicle preventative maintenance (pm’s) as outlined in TTMS pm guideline’s
- Change vehicle tires
- Grease mechanical parts
- Must be able to move equipment in and out of shop
- Maintain a high productivity level and complete most jobs within or close to SRT times.
- Maintain proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Ability to work on a TTMS site or TTMS customer location site while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For: Education
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 1-year mechanical experience preferred
- Computer experience preferred
- General mechanical aptitude
- Informal or formal experience working on vehicles
- Desire to learn tractor and trailer maintenance
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to read and write
- Must provide own tools that is adequate to perform job functions.
- D.O.T and Brake certification required to perform pm’s and brake work
Why Total? Right Role. Right Tools. Right People. We invest in our talent starting on day one. You will be provided with personal and professional development opportunities that complement your interests and encourage you to build a career you’re passionate about. Whether it is employee stock options, profit-sharing, 401K, professional development, or our competitive pay, we help prepare you for the future. Be part of an organization that values out-of-the-box thinking and rewards employees for going above and beyond. Curious about the other benefits of working with us? Check out other perks below!
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation, Sick, & Personal time
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
Work Environment / Physical Requirements – Normal office settingsThis job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected for this position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Employees performing this job may be asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Total is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce.