The Medical Assisting program prepares students to become members of the health care team in doctors’ offices, medical clinics, hospitals, and specialty practices. The curriculum includes administrative and clinical competencies. *Clinical experiences include a variety of general and specialty practices. Graduates of the Medical Assistant program will be a multi-skilled health professional who is qualified to provide support health care services under the supervision of a physician. This versatile member of the health care team assists the physician in executing administrative and clinical procedures in the office/clinic setting.
Please see admission packet for more information.
Class Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 AM to 2:30 PM
Program starts once a year, each September
|Time Commitment||Full Time|
|Typical Program Length||12 Months|
To complete admissions for the Medical Assisting program applicants must submit all general admissions and Medical Assisting program specific requirements including documents for points by the published deadline to be considered. Acceptance is competitive based on a point system. Completion of admissions does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
General Admissions Requirements submitted to:
Student Services at 1100 Liberty Street, Knoxville TN 37919
- Complete the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online – the website is www.fafsa.ed.gov and our school code is 004025.
- Complete the Application for Enrollment form online at www.tcatknoxville.edu and select APPLY NOW.
- Provide official, sealed high school transcript or equivalent
IMPORTANT: If you have foreign transcripts you will need to submit an English translated version of your transcript and an education evaluation both must obtained through the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. Please visit their website at www.naces.org for more information.
- Student must be 18 years of age by the start of class.
- Provide documentation of MMR and Varicella immunizations.
- Provide current CPR card certification from American Heart Association in BLS for Healthcare Providers which covers basic life support in infant, child, adult, choking and AED.
- Take and pass the HESI Exam. Exam covers Math and Reading Comprehension and the cost is $34.00. Passing scores are 50 in math and 70 in reading exam.
- Provide a copy of current Nurse Aide certification. (Optional for 25 points)
1100 Liberty Street
Knoxville, TN 37919