Job TitleTruck Driving Instructor Full Time
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for the position of Truck Driving Instructor for the Truck Driving program. This is a full-time position.
- High school diploma.
- Must hold a valid commercial driver’s license in Tennessee
- Three (3) years of experience as over-the-road driver with exemplary driving record.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to provide theory and practical instruction activities to enable students to obtain CDL
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior Teaching Experience
The Truck Driving Instructor is responsible for teaching all phases of the program to include safety regulations; CDL regulations, traffic laws, road atlas and highway routes; instruments and cab controls; engine and air brake systems, adverse weather condition driving techniques; hazardous materials transportation; clutch, gear and transmission patterns; coupling and uncoupling trailers, obstacle course and backing procedures; defensive driving; and over-the-road driving experiences. Must maintain an active advisory committee and communicate with business and industry on a regular basis. Other duties include curriculum development and updates, student record keeping, student recruitment, placement and follow-up.
Salary commensurate with experience and according to salary guidelines established by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
Application is located at https://tbr.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?c=tbr&site=27
EOE/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A TENNESSEE BOARD OF REGENTS INSTUTITION