The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for the position of Surgical Technology Program Coordinator/Instructor.
The Program Coordinator/Instructor provides leadership in managing, planning, implementing, and
evaluating the Surgical Technology program curriculum.
- Must be a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) with the ability to maintain certification.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of operating room experience or teaching experience in the field of Surgical Technology, or a combination equal to three (3) years within the last five (5) years and a minimum of an Associate degree.
- Must be a graduate from a CAAHEP accredited program in Surgical Technology
- Current American Heart Association CPR BLS Certification-Healthcare provider with AED
- Current Driver’s License
- Must be knowledgeable in course content, effective in directing/evaluating student learning, and student lab and clinical performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Registered Nurse with a current unencumbered license in the state of TN with BSN and CST credentials
- Maintain academic standards as established by the college
- Teach assigned classes
- Participate in curriculum development and prepare course syllabi
- Assist with counseling and registration of students
- Coordinate accreditation activities for the program
- Coordinate skills laboratory related to clinical skills, procedures, and assignments
- Coordinate surgical technology advisory committee meetings
- Attend all faculty meetings, commencements, and other special meetings
- Complete annual reports in a timely manner
- Assist in recruitment, enrollment, and retention of surgical technology students
- Assist in the selection of textbooks and visual aids
- Serve as a resource person for the surgical technology students
- Participate in the evaluation of surgical technology students
- Coordinate clinical experiences and maintain public relations with the respective cooperative agencies
- Keep abreast of current trends in the operating room and the regulations of the Surgical Technology specialty.
Application may be found at https://tbr.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?c=tbr&site=27
Full-time responsibilities are based on a 37.5-hour workweek. Deadline for application is March 26, 2019
EOE/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A TENNESSEE BOARD OF REGENTS INSTUTITION