Job Title: Paraprofessional/Adult Education
Job Code: EH
Location: Monroe County
Reports To: Adult Education District Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EEO-1 Category: Clerical/Support Staff, Part Time, Grant Funded
Position Number: 65010K
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for a Part-Time Paraprofessional in the Adult Education Program. This is a grant funded position.
- High School Diploma or HSE (High School Equivalency) required
- Microsoft office – Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, etc) as well as ability to learn to use other computer software
- Knowledge of and skill using data entry software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Evidence of interpersonal /customer skills
- Accept new tasks and responsibilities in a positive/professional manner
- Organizational and analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Skill in operation of general office equipment (fax, copier, scanner, multi-line phone system)
- Assist with scheduling, proctoring, and scoring state-required tests (i.e. CASAS, HiSET, OPT)
- Experience working in an adult education environment
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information internally and externally
- Maintain class, staff, and event schedules
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task
- Assist with graduation
- Assist with student registration, assessment, orientation/counseling
- Perform general office duties: filing, faxing, disbursement of administrative and instructional materials
- Organize and maintain confidential program and student files as well as report documentation
- Maintain technical knowledge by engaging in opportunities to improve or increase skills
- Contribute to team effort
- Complete data in a timely manner adhering to all reporting deadlines
- Perform other duties as assigned
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience according to Tennessee Board of Regent guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: To be considered for a position at TCAT Knoxville, you must create an on-line application at https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/27/home/requisition/5422?c=tbr. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using what is recorded on your application. Please be sure to include the complete Begin and End Dates under your Employment History. Scan and attach required documents to the online application in Word or PDF format. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Applications accepted until 03/31/2021.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. An offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.