Job TitleInformation Technology Support Associate
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for the position of IT Support Associate. This position will work Monday through Friday 37.5 hours a week, 7.5 hours per day.
- High school diploma or equivalent required with post-secondary technical IT diploma or CompTIA A+ and Network + Certified. A comparable combination of education and related work experience may be considered
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in networking, helpdesk/customer, hardware, software and network troubleshooting
- PC/MAC/Linux, Mobile devices, IOS/Android, server management, Experience in Active Directory, GPO creation/maintenance Equipment Deployment, Time efficiency and Prioritization, Cabling, ability to lift 30 lbs. at a time, MS Teams integrations, Virtualization, ability to use ladders and install equipment in difficult to reach areas ( i.e. Camera installation on perimeter areas.) Switch management, Firewall Management, VOIP, NAS/Cloud storage management.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: To be considered for a position at TCAT Knoxville, you must create and submit an online application that includes your required documents. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using what is recorded on your application. Please be sure to include the complete begin and end dates under your employment history. Scan and attach all required documents to the online application in Word or PDF format to be considered.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION:
Technical Certificate/Diploma (optional)
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. An offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Associate degree in related field
The IT Support Associate will be responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining the performance of computers and network as well as design and implementation of necessary security measures within the network to comply with TBR policies and guidelines. Responsibilities will also include assisting facilities and administrative staff in best utilizing the IT resources available. Some travel to off-campus locations and other duties as assigned. - (Essential)
- Provide support focusing primarily on network infrastructure, IT security, and technology innovation in an educational system
- Ability to remain current in the IT field
- Ability to work with routers and switches
- Ability to work with students, faculty, and staff
- Ability to work with managed switches, firewalls, servers, VOIP equipment, NAS Management, managing currently deployed equipment and orchestrating upgrades per student body needs
- Adaptability in an ever-changing work environment
- Demonstrate professionalism when working with students, faculty, and staff