Job TitleHeating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Adjunct/Substitute Instructor, Part Time
Title: Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Adjunct/Substitute Instructor, Part Time
Employee Classification: Faculty
Department: Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Campus Location: TCAT Knoxville
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for a Part Time Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Adjunct Instructor. This adjunct would be available to work as needed from 8:00 am until 2:30 pm with a 30-minute lunch.
- High school diploma/GE, graduate of post-secondary technical school in related field with three years current work experience in all phases of industrial, residential, and commercial HVAC/R systems to include installation and service; EPA Universal Certification required, NATE Certification a plus; possess organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective instructor; willingness to continue education.
- Teaching experience preferred
- Candidate is responsible for teaching all phases of the program to include theory and practical instruction of the curriculum.
- Must monitor and evaluate student progress; accurately maintain program and student records.
- Must maintain an active advisory committee and communicate with business and industry on a regular basis.
- Other duties include curriculum development and updates, student record keeping, student recruitment, placement and follow-up.
- Continue personal training and professional development to stay abreast of changes in the industry. - (Essential)
- High level skills in oral and written communications; interpersonal skills consistent with interfacing with a diverse students, peers, administration, and business and industry leaders in establishing and maintaining effective work relationships; computer skills with Microsoft products.