Job TitleFinancial Support Associate 3
Financial Support Associate 3
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for a Financial Support Associate 3 position to work in the Business Office. This is a full-time position working 37.5 hours per week.
This position provides essential financial services for the technical college and performs a variety of financial duties in the areas of general ledger accounting, financial reporting of account balances, and account reconciliation of multiple accounts. This position maintains the accounting activities of contracts, third party billing, special course fees, and student scholarship accounts to ensure efficient and timely accounting transactions. This position monitors activity in accounts for compliance, and provides information and responds to inquiries regarding procedures and policies.
* Processes and maintains invoices to vendors and/or students
* Complete Data entry to Banner with detail and precision
* Monthly reconciliation of various accounts, bank statements and reports from Banner
* Balances cash draw at the end of the day for all daily transactions. Prepare deposit slip and deposit reports.
* Submit deposits and reports to Shared Services. Lock and secure safe in the Business Office
* Contacts third party agencies regarding issues with invoices and/or setting-up accounts for students
* Prepare various finance reports
* Performs collections on all student accounts, including working with collection agencies
* Works closely with all faculty and staff to ensure purchase orders and travel claims are processed accurately
* Works closely with the Financial Aid office and Fiscal Coordinator to ensure invoices are processed accurately
* Take money and prepare sales receipts for all business transactions in the absence of cashier
* Process and participate in student registration, including taking fee payments, providing cost information and answering general questions about the college
* Performs all other work as assigned
* High school diploma required plus three years accounting experience including processing and paying invoices; reconciling accounts and bank statements; and other general accounting duties
* Experience in higher education or equivalent
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
* Knowledge of general business practices and basic accounting skills
* Ability to learn new procedures
* Cashiering experience including preparing cash deposits and balancing daily transactions
* Ability to make arithmetic calculations rapidly and accurately
* Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
* Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the students, public, and other employees
* Strong customer service skills
* Graduate of Technical Business Program or Associates Degree
* Strong understanding of the technical college system, including familiarity with clock hours and trimester schedule
* Knowledge of Tennessee Board of Regents policies and procedures
* Excellent computer skills
* Knowledge of QuickBooks and Banner
* Skill in managing simultaneous deadlines and working in a team oriented environment.
* Ability to take initiative, effectively interpret fiscal policy, and make decisions with established methods.
* Ability to work both independently and on collaborative projects
Application may be found at https://tbr.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?c=tbr&site=27
Salary commensurate with experience and according to guidelines established by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
Deadline for application is September 21, 2018.
EOE/AA/Title IX/Title VI/ADA Employer
A TENNESSEE BOARD OF REGENTS INSTUTITION