The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for the position of a full time, Financial Aid Support Associate. This position will work 7.5 hours per day and Monday to Friday and 37.5 hours per week.
This position will assist the college in achieving its vision and mission of providing education opportunities to potential students by providing assistance and information necessary to navigate the financial aid processes.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- • Graduate of technical diploma or Associate’s degree
- • Minimum of three (3) years of office work experience, experience in financial aid preferred
- Experience working in higher education and Banner system
- • Knowledge of financial aid programs
Assist applicants and students in completing the online application for enrollment and FAFSA application for federal and state funds • Provide general information to current and prospective students relative to financial aid programs • Assist future and current students in completing financial aid holds • Process daily workflows • Work with current and prospective students regarding all aspects of financial aid programs and work with third-party student aid programs • Assist with certification of dual enrollment students • Perform verification and conflicting data resolution • Assist with financial aid packaging processes • Assist with new student orientations, recruitment events, graduation and accreditation activities. • Assist with student academic progress checks to determine continued eligibility • Attend federal and state training and conferences for financial aid • Some travel required • Other duties as assigned - (Essential)
- Ability to plan, organize, and solve complex and routine tasks simultaneously
- • Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships with high schools, colleges, current and prospective students, faculty, staff and the general public
- • Excellent computer and math skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- • Ability to deal tactfully with the public and co-workers
- • Ability to communicate well on a functional level in both written and verbal form
- • A high level of professionalism, organization, follow-through, and attention to detail is required
- • Ability to maintain confidentiality
- • Willingness to remain current in regulations and polices relating to financial aid programs
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience according to Tennessee Board of Regent guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: To be considered for a position at TCAT Knoxville, you must create and submit an on-line application that includes your required documents at https://careers.tbr.edu/jobs/financial-aid-support-associate-full-time-knoxville-tennessee-united-states. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using what is recorded on your application. Please be sure to include the complete begin and end dates under your employment history. Scan and attach required documents to the online application in Word or PDF format. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Applications accepted until 03/23/2023.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. An offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.