Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for the position of a part time Dental Assisting Adjunct Instructor for expanded functions courses. This adjunct Instructor can teach one or more courses in Nitrous Oxide Monitoring, Dental Radiology, Coronal Polishing, and Sealant Application.
- DDS or DMD from an accredited college of dentistry.
- Current licensure as a dentist in good standing through the TN Board of Dentistry.
- 5 years clinical experience supervising RDAs performing these specific expanded functions (Nitrous Oxide Monitoring, Dental Radiology, Coronal Polishing, Sealant Application).
- Current BLS CPR w/AED training certification in both cognitive and hands-on skills through an AHA-approved provider.
Prior teaching experience.
Serve as director/dentist for expanded functions certification courses for Registered Dental Assistants including one or more of the following courses: Nitrous Oxide Monitoring, Dental Radiology, Coronal Polishing, and Sealant Application.
Deliver didactic and clinical instruction approved by TCATK and the TN Board of Dentistry in the TCATK Dental Assisting program facilities.
Review and update curriculum and materials as needed for the RDA expanded functions certification courses.
Communicate with other adjunct/auxiliary instructors assisting with instructional delivery of the course curriculums.
Coordinate and communicate with the TCATK Dental Assisting Program Director. - (Essential)
- Possess organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective instructor
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions
- Strong customer service skills
- Computer skills including general knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel