Job TitleCosmetology Evening Instructor Part-time
Cosmetology Night Instructor (Part-time, Temporary)
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT) Knoxville is accepting applications for a part-time, temporary Cosmetology Instructor to teach in the evening Cosmetology program.
- High school diploma/GED
- Graduate of an accredited Cosmetology program
- Current, valid Cosmetologist License issued by the TN State Board of Cosmetology
- Current, valid Cosmetology Instructor’s License issued by the TN State Board of Cosmetology
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a licensed Cosmetologist
- Teaching and/or training experience
- Demonstrated effective communication and organization skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with students, the public, and other employees
- Strong customer service skills
- Computer skills including general knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Earned Associates Degree from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) policies and procedures
- Must have ability to interact with high school and post-secondary students
- Skill in managing deadlines and working in a team-oriented environment
- Experience managing in a salon environment
- Provide instruction to students in all areas of the Cosmetology program.
- Monitor, grade, and evaluate individual students’ progress.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
- Maintain good public relations with business and industry.
- Work in cooperation with TCAT Knoxville Cosmetology instructor team to provide an optimum training experience
**The hiring of this position is contingent upon the program securing sufficient class enrollment numbers.
This schedule for this position will be 1-3 days per week from 3 pm – 10 pm and will coincide with the TCAT Knoxville school calendar.
Application may be found at https://tbr.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=27&id=1532