Job TitleCoordinator of Financial Services
COORDINATOR OF FINANCIAL SERVICES
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Knoxville is now accepting applications for the full-time position of Coordinator of Financial Services.
The Coordinator for Financial Services shall have a minimum of graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field.
Knowledge and Abilities
Broad knowledge of the principles and methods of accounting; knowledge of business English and mathematics, and of current office technology, equipment, and procedures; knowledge of budgeting and centralized purchasing procedures, and of the principles and methods of supervision.
Ability to deal tactfully with the public and co-workers, to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions, to express ideas clearly, concisely, and convincingly, and to plan and direct the work of others.
Technical abilities include a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Banner, Jaggaer and Quickbooks; general typing; preparation of reports; keeping records, answering the telephone, utilizing scanners and e-mail functions, and relaying messages.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
The Coordinator for Financial Services will:
- Demonstrate a commitment to student success.
- Responsible for overseeing all areas of Budget planning and finance for TCAT Knoxville.
- Responsible for all phases of the budget cycle, financial statements/records, purchasing, contracts, accounts payable, financial planning, and all other matters related to the financial operation of the College.
- Prepare deposits and review summary reports for the Operational Account.
- Prepare requisitions and departmental purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Prepare purchase authorizations and confirmation of deliveries with proper invoices attached for items purchased.
- Maintain all accounting files.
- Balance/reconcile student financial aid accounts according to Federal regulations.
- Maintain administrative files and correspondence.
- Keep the college administration informed regarding the status of the budget.
- Prepare and submit the institution’s operating budget bi-annually to the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR). Submit information to Shared Services for preparation of annual financial statements.
- Assist auditors during institutional audit periods.
- Submit reports as requested to TBR.
- Review, interpret, and advise regarding financial policies and procedures.
- Reconciliation of financial records and bank accounts.
- Supervise the handling of cash (assist with the registration process, process accounts payable checks, accounts receivable, bookstore management, receipting depositing funds, etc.)
- Prepare year-end information-as requested by TBR.
- Responsible for the collection of returned checks and/or bad debts.
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications, experience, education and in accordance with the guidelines established by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
A criminal/financial background check will be required for applicant selected. Submit application and resume at:
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER