Job Title: Associate Instructor of Power Line Construction Maintenance
Job Code: EF
Location: Union County High School
Reports To: Vice President/President
FLSA Status: Exempt
EEO-1 Category: Faculty, Full Time Grant Funded
Position Number: 30050K
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for a full-time position of Associate Instructor of Power Line Construction and Maintenance Technology for Union County High School. This is a grant funded position for twenty-four months that has potential to be extended. This position will provide quality instruction for student learning and to maintain a positive learning environment in the classroom and laboratories. This position and will work 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday.
- Certificate or Diploma from an Accredited Lineman Training School or Associate Degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Power Line Construction and Maintenance field as a Lineman and be a Journeyman Lineman.
- Must show evidence of teaching ability.
- Must be proficient in Power Line Basics, Safety & Climbing, Electrical Theory and Concepts, Electric Utility Operations, Underground Power Line Construction/Transformer Connections.
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher.
- Must possess computer skills.
- Must show evidence of ability to perform all aspects of teaching which includes meeting deadlines for student reports, following institutional and state/federal policies and/or regulations, etc.
- Must commit to remain current in the Power Line Construction and Maintenance Field and maintain program accrediting status.
- Must have knowledge and ability to analyze and solve complex problems related to Power Line Construction and Maintenance.
- Must have ability to interact with adult students. Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude, and stable personality.
- Follow the established curriculum of the Power Line Construction & Maintenance Technology program.
- Monitor, grade, and evaluate individual students’ progress.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
- Assist in recruitment. Maintain good public relations with business and industry.
SALARY: Commensurate with Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology salary guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: To be considered for a position at TCAT Knoxville, you must create and submit an on-line application at https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/27/home?c=tbr. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using what is recorded on your application. Please be sure to include the complete Begin and End Dates under your Employment History. Scan and attach required documents to the online application in Word or PDF format. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Industry licensure and/or certifications (optional)
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. A criminal/financial background check will be required for applicant selected.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Misty West, Human Resources Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org ,1100 Liberty Street, Knoxville, TN 37919, (865) 766-4346.