The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for the position of a full time Associate Instructor in Machine Tool Technology to be located at the main campus and work at the Ruth & Steve West Workforce Development Center. The typical work schedule will be 7.5 hours per day and 37.5 hours per week Monday through Friday 7:30 am – 3:30 pm, with a 30-minute lunch break.
- Minimum of Associate degree or equivalent post-secondary diploma from an accredited technical training program in the related field
- • Three (3) years' full-time, related work experience as a machinist within the last five (5) years
- • Must have knowledge of and ability to operate conventional machinist and computer numerical controlled (CNC) equipment
- • Must commit to remain current in the machinist field and maintain program accrediting status
- NIMS and/or industry certification
- • Teaching experience
- • Knowledge of Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) policies and procedures
- • Skill in managing deadlines and working in a team-oriented environment
- Teach and instruct post-secondary and high school, dual-enrolled students through lecture, demonstrations, and/or audio-visual aids - (Essential)
- Prepare syllabi of courses of study with detailed lesson plans - (Essential)
- Monitor, grade, and evaluate students' progress; Must develop and maintain effective student assessment practices and grading processes - (Essential)
- Develop industry partnerships and collaborate with partners regarding program initiatives and training methodologies - (Essential)
- Source and request necessary instructional supplies and equipment for proper instruction - (Essential)
- Maintain appropriate student records and submit timely reports - (Essential)
- Maintain required annual completion and placement rates pursuant to the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accreditation standards - (Essential)
- Assist in program recruitment and assist certified graduates with placement opportunities - (Essential)
- Ensure compliance with all TBR, institutional, state, and federal requirements - (Essential)
Must possess the organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective teacher
• Computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office applications, email, etc.) are required
• Indication of willingness to establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, staff, and business/industry personnel
• Commitment to remaining current with industry practices through professional development activities
SALARY: In accordance with Tennessee Board of Regents guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: To be considered for a position at TCAT Knoxville, you must create and submit an on-line application at Associate Instructor of Machine Tool Technology, Full Time - Knoxville, Tennessee, United States (tbr.edu) that includes uploads of your required documents. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using what is recorded on your application. Please be sure to include the complete Begin and End Dates under your Employment History. Scan and attach required documents to the online application in Word or PDF format. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Cover Letter (optional)
Applications are open until 03/01/2023.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. An offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Misty West, Human Resources Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org ,1100 Liberty Street, Knoxville, TN 37919, (865) 259-7594.