Title: Associate Instructor of Fast Track, Full-Time
Employee Classification: Faculty
Department: Special Industry
Campus Location: TCAT Knoxville
This position will provide quality instruction for student learning in multiple introductory areas and maintain a positive learning environment in the classroom and laboratories. This position will work 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday, with a 30-minute lunch break.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalency
- Post-secondary diploma or A.A.S. in technical fields related to occupation
- Three (3) years of employment experience in the related field
- K12 and/or dual enrollment experience
- Teaching and Banner experience
- Experience with SkillsUSA Career Essentials
Fast Track Associate Instructor is responsible for providing individualized classroom and lab instruction to students.
The instructor must monitor, grade, and evaluate individual students’ progress, maintain student records in the college’s student records management software, maintain appropriate documentation, and submit timely reports.
The instructor must also maintain good public relations with related businesses and industries, cooperate with outside agencies, and supervise students.
Other duties include course content development, student record keeping and industry recruitment, participation in professional development activities, and participation in student organizations.
Some travel is required. - (Essential)
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office and other common software programs
- Strong abilities in multi-tasking, customer service, interpersonal skills, and organization
- Must possess communication skills necessary to interact with students effectively, the public, and employees at all levels, both written and verbally
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to provide both theory and practical instruction
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to meet deadlines