Job Title: Associate Instructor of Diesel Powered Equipment Technology
Job Code: EF
Location: TCAT Knoxville Main Campus
Reports To: Vice President/President
FLSA Status: Exempt
EEO-1 Category: Faculty, Full Time
Position Number: 35116K
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for the full-time position of Associate Instructor of Diesel Powered Equipment Technology for the Knoxville Main Campus. This position will provide quality instruction for student learning and to maintain a positive learning environment in the classroom and laboratories. This position and will work 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday from 2:00 pm until 10:00 pm, with a 30-minute lunch break.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ related work experience in the Diesel Field.
- Post-secondary training.
- Current ASE Service Technician Certifications required.
- Must have a strong hands-on technical background in all aspects of diesel technology.
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher.
- Must commit to remain current in the field of Diesel Technology.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess computer skills and ability to utilize technology to enhance teaching.
- Associate Degree or Diploma
- ASE Master Technician in Medium/Heavy Duty Repair
- Teaching experience
- Ability to effectively apply a multi-method approach to enhance student understanding of materials, including demonstrations, lectures, hands-on activities and experience at job sites to provide the student with the knowledge to gain employment in the diesel industry.
- Ability to understand which teaching methods best serve the student’s needs, interests, and ability to learn.
- Ability to develop accurate and objective standards to measure learning or administer testing or other evaluations to determine effectiveness and ensure a high level of comprehension has been achieved.
- Ability to teach all phases of the program, including eight areas of ASE certification.
- Build and maintain relationships with area employers to facilitate the referral and employment of career and technical students.
- Cooperate with outside agencies; work with program advisory committees; conduct visits to business and industry; establish and maintain good public relations with the school’s general public.
- Work in cooperation with other departments and the community to enhance employment opportunities for students.
- Ability to work with high school programs and students for seamless transition to postsecondary programs.
- Ability to work with community organizations for recruitment into the Diesel field.
- Responsible for surveys, records and reports of program graduates.
- Communicate effectively in a professional, tactful and courteous manner with students, employees, faculty, and the general public.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted within the established guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
- Participate in professional development and growth annually.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Commensurate with Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology salary guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: To be considered for a position at TCAT Knoxville, you must create and submit an on-line application at https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/27/home/requisition/6307?c=tbr . Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using what is recorded on your application. Please be sure to include the complete Begin and End Dates under your Employment History. Scan and attach required documents to the online application in Word or PDF format. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Industry licensure and/or certifications
Applications accepted until 09/25/2021.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. A criminal/financial background check will be required for applicant selected.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Misty West, Human Resources Coordinator, email@example.com ,1100 Liberty Street, Knoxville, TN 37919, (865) 766-4346.