Job Title: Associate Instructor – Automotive Technology
Job Code: EF
Location: TCAT Knoxville
Reports To: Vice President
FLSA Status: Exempt
EEO-1 Category: Faculty, Full Time
Position Number: 30027K
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for the position of an evening, full time Associate Instructor in Automotive Technology to be located at TCAT Knoxville main campus.
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide quality instruction for student learning and to maintain a positive learning environment in the classroom.
- High school diploma/GED
- Post-secondary training in Automotive
- Three years current work experience in automotive field
- Possess organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective instructor
- Demonstrated effective communication and organization skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions
- Strong customer service skills
- Computer skills including general knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Current ASE Master Technician Certification
- Teaching experience
- Knowledge of Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) policies and procedures
- Skill in managing deadlines and working in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively apply a multi-method approach to enhance student understanding of materials, including demonstrations, lectures, hands-on activities and experience at job sites to provide the student with the knowledge to gain employment in the automotive industry.
- Ability to understand which teaching methods best serve the student’s needs, interests, and ability to learn.
- Ability to develop accurate and objective standards to measure learning or administer testing or other evaluations to determine effectiveness and ensure a high level of comprehension has been achieved.
- Ability to teach basic and advanced automotive courses.
- Build and maintain relationships with area employers to facilitate the referral and employment of career and technical students.
- Cooperate with outside agencies; work with program advisory committees; conduct visits to business and industry; establish and maintain good public relations with the school’s general public.
- Work in cooperation with other departments and the community to enhance employment opportunities for students.
- Responsible for surveys, records and reports of program graduates.
- Communicate effectively in a professional, tactful and courteous manner with students, employees, faculty, and the general public.
- Ensure that all activities are conducted within the established guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
- Participate in professional development and growth annually.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and according to salary guidelines established by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
A background check will be required for the selected applicant.
Application Deadline: 10/08/2020
Application Procedure: Application may be found at https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/27/home/requisition/4634?c=tbr