To provide quality instruction for student learning and to maintain a positive learning environment in the classroom.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary training in Automotive
- Three years current work experience in automotive field
- Current ASE Master Technician Certification
- Teaching experience
- Knowledge of Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) policies and procedures
- Skill in managing deadlines and working in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to effectively apply a multi-method approach to enhance student understanding of materials, including demonstrations, lectures, hands-on activities and experience at job sites to provide the student with the knowledge to gain employment in the automotive industry.
• Ability to understand which teaching methods best serve the student’s needs, interests, and ability to learn.
• Ability to develop accurate and objective standards to measure learning or administer testing or other evaluations to determine effectiveness and ensure a high level of comprehension has been achieved.
• Ability to teach basic and advanced automotive courses.
• Build and maintain relationships with area employers to facilitate the referral and employment of career and technical students.
• Cooperate with outside agencies; work with program advisory committees; conduct visits to business and industry; establish and maintain good public relations with the school’s general public.
• Work in cooperation with other departments and the community to enhance employment opportunities for students.
• Responsible for surveys, records and reports of program graduates.
• Communicate effectively in a professional, tactful and courteous manner with students, employees, faculty, and the general public.
• Ensure that all activities are conducted within the established guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
• Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
• Participate in professional development and growth annually.
• Perform other duties as assigned. - (Essential)
- Possess organizational and communication skills necessary to be an effective instructor
- Demonstrated effective communication and organization skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions
- Strong customer service skills
- Computer skills including general knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel