Job Title: Adult Education Adjunct Instructor for Corrections
Job Code: EI
Location: Claiborne County
Reports To: Adult Education District Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EEO-1 Category: Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Grant Funded
Position Number: 46300K 01
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for a Part-Time Adjunct Instructor for Corrections working in Claiborne County in the Adult Education Program.
This position provides instruction in adult education for the six educational functioning levels to students with varying academic levels. The instructor interacts with students, provides instructional and registration /intake related services for potential and current students.
- Baccalaureate in Education or related field, Tennessee Teacher’s License (preferred or approved waiver, or experience in teaching.
- Office Skills: Microsoft office – Microsoft Office Suite(i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc) as well as the ability to learn to use other computer software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Evidence of interpersonal /customer skills
- Strong Organizational and analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Travel to satellite class locations if necessary
- Participate in local and state activities /staff development
- Experience in an adult education environment
- Knowledge of data management system
- Demonstrate command of content knowledge of current AE Curriculum and recommended resources
- Maintain student files to track students for post testing
- Work as a team member
Plan, teach and evaluate student work
Provide instruction for digital education classroom
Accept responsibility and is self-motivated
Demonstrate the ability to multi-task
Assist with graduation
Assist with student registration, assessment, orientation/counseling
Administer and interpret scores for CASAS and HiSET OPT exams for student placement and instruction
Organize and maintain confidential program and student files as well as report documentation, I including maintaining correct student sign-in sheets
Provide office coverage, customer service and assist with student registration, class assignment, attendance, and student goals
Maintain technical knowledge by engaging in opportunities to improve or increase skills
Contribute to team effort
Perform other duties as assigned
Maintaining time and effort documentation
Work toward classroom improvement based on program goals
Post-test all students after 40 hours of instruction
Work with Leadership Team to develop a program that supports students’ progression through the National Reporting System levels – ensuring level gains
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience according to Tennessee Board of Regent guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: To be considered for a position at TCAT Knoxville, you must create and submit an on-line application including your uploaded required documents at https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/27/home/requisition/5801?c=tbr. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using what is recorded on your application. Please be sure to include the complete Begin and End Dates under your Employment History. Scan and attach required documents to the online application in Word or PDF format. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Applications accepted until 08/31/2021.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. An offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.