Job Title: Adult Education Adjunct Instructor (Part-Time)
Job Code: EI
Location: Union/Anderson Counties
Reports To: Adult Education District Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EEO-1 Category: Part Time
Position Number: 46300K
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for a Part-Time Instructor working in Union and Anderson Counties in the Adult Education Program. This position is grant funded.
This position provides instruction in adult education for the six educational functioning levels to students with varying academic levels. The instructor interacts with students, provides instructional and registration /intake related services for potential and current students.
- Baccalaureate in Education or related field, Tennessee Teacher’s License (preferred or approved waiver, or experience in teaching.
- Office Skills: Microsoft office – Microsoft Office Suite(i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams etc) as well as the ability to learn to use other computer software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Evidence of interpersonal /customer skills
- Strong Organizational and analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Travel to satellite class locations if necessary
- Participate in local and state activities /staff development
- Experience in an adult education environment
- Knowledge of data management system
- Demonstrate command of content knowledge of current AE Curriculum and recommended resources
- Maintain student files to track students for post testing
- Work as a team member
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, teach and evaluate student work
- Provide instruction for digital education classroom
- Accept responsibility and is self-motivated
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task
- Assist with graduation
- Assist with student registration, assessment, orientation/counseling
- Administer and interpret scores for CASAS and HiSET OPT exams for student placement and instruction
- Organize and maintain confidential program and student files as well as report documentation, I including maintaining correct student sign-in sheets
- Provide office coverage, customer service and assist with student registration, class assignment, attendance, and student goals
- Maintain technical knowledge by engaging in opportunities to improve or increase skills
- Contribute to team effort
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintaining time and effort documentation
- Work toward classroom improvement based on program goals
- Post-test all students after 40 hours of instruction
- Work with Leadership Team to develop a program that supports students’ progression through the National Reporting System levels – ensuring level gains
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience according to Tennessee Board of Regent guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: To be considered for a position at TCAT Knoxville, you must create an on-line application at https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/27/home/requisition/5423?c=tbr. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using what is recorded on your application. Please be sure to include the complete Begin and End Dates under your Employment History. Scan and attach required documents to the online application in Word or PDF format. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Applications accepted until 03/31/2021.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. An offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.