Job Title: Adult Education Adjunct Instructor
Job Code: EI
Location: TCAT Knoxville
Reports To: Adult Education District Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EEO-1 Category: Adjunct Faculty, Part Time Grant Funded
Position Number: 46300K
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for a Part-Time Adjunct Instructor working at the Knoxville main campus in the Adult Education Program in the evenings.
This position provides instruction in adult education for the six educational functioning levels to students with varying academic levels. The instructor interacts with students, provides instructional and registration /intake related services for potential and current students.
Baccalaureate in Education or related field, Tennessee Teacher’s License (preferred or approved waiver, or experience in teaching.
Office Skills: Microsoft office – Microsoft Office Suite(i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc) as well as the ability to learn to use other computer software
Experience in an adult education environment
Knowledge of data management system
Demonstrate command of content knowledge of current AE Curriculum and recommended resources
Maintain student files to track students for post testing
Work as a team member
- Plan, teach and evaluate student work
- Provide instruction for digital education classroom
- Accept responsibility and is self-motivated
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task
- Assist with graduation
- Assist with student registration, assessment, orientation/counseling
- Administer and interpret scores for CASAS and HiSET OPT exams for student placement and instruction
- Organize and maintain confidential program and student files as well as report documentation, including maintaining correct student sign-in sheets
- Provide office coverage, customer service and assist with student registration, class assignment, attendance, and student goals
- Maintain technical knowledge by engaging in opportunities to improve or increase skills
- Contribute to team effort
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintaining time and effort documentation
- Work toward classroom improvement based on program goals
- Post-test all students after 40 hours of instruction
- Work with Leadership Team to develop a program that supports students’ progression through the National Reporting System levels – ensuring level gains
Strong oral and written communication skills
Evidence of interpersonal /customer skills
Strong Organizational and analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines
Must be able to work a flexible schedule
Travel to satellite class locations if necessary
Participate in local and state activities /staff development
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience according to Tennessee Board of Regent guidelines.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION & REVIEW: To be considered for a position at TCAT Knoxville, you must create and submit an on-line application at https://careers.tbr.edu/jobs/adult-education-adjunct-instructor-knox-cou... that includes your uploaded required documents. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using what is recorded on your application. Please be sure to include the complete begin and end dates under your employment history. Scan and attach required documents to the online application in Word or PDF format. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Applications accepted until 01/06/2023.
EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS: Current federal law requires identification and eligibility verification prior to employment. Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed. An offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.