Job Title: Adjunct – Junior Instructor of Cosmetology
Job Code: EI
Location: TCAT Knoxville
Reports To: Vice President
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EEO-1 Category: Adjunct Faculty, Part Time
Position Number: 46140K
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for the position of a part time adjunct, Junior Instructor of Cosmetology at the Knoxville main campus. This position will pay $12 per hour and would work an estimated 18 hours per week. The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is a post-secondary technical college accredited by the Council on Occupational Education.
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide quality instruction for student learning and to maintain a positive learning environment in the classroom. The major emphasis will be placed on assisting instructors and practicing teaching as you gain the credentials needed for licensure as a cosmetology instructor. Under the Tennessee law an applicant for licensure must have three continuous years of licensure as a cosmetologist to apply for an instructor’s license exam.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Licensed cosmetologist for minimum of 1 year
- Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods utilizing knowledge of specific training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individualized and group instruction, lecture, demonstration, and conference.
- Select or develop teaching aids, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and reference materials.
- Test trainees to measure progress and evaluate effectiveness of instruction.
- Select or develop specifications for equipment, and tools; maintain good physical conditions in classroom and/or shop.
- Maintain student records and reports.
- Responsible for student placement and assist with student follow-up.
- Cooperate with outside agencies; work with program advisory committees; conduct visits to business and industry; establish and maintain good public relations with the school’s general public.
- Participate in recruitment of students.
- Instruct students in safety and practice good safety habits.
- Supervise students that are participating in cooperative education.
- Participate in professional development and growth annually.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications, experience, education and in accordance with the guidelines established by the Tennessee Board of Regents.
A criminal background check will be required for the selected applicants.
Application Deadline: 9/23/2020
Application can be found at https://tbr.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/27/home/requisition/4629?c=tbr and resume, transcripts, and licensure will need to be uploaded along with your application before you submit your application.