Title: Academic & Student Support Associate 4, Full Time
Employee Classification: Clerical & Secretarial
Department: Student Services
Campus Location: TCAT Knoxville
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for the full-time position of Academic & Student Support Associate for the Knoxville Main Campus. This position will work 7.5 hours per day and 37.5 hours per week.
- High school diploma or equivalent and graduate of technical diploma/degree
- Minimum of three-five years’ of related work experience
- Post-secondary (associate’s, bachelor’s) or Certified Administrative Professional credential
- Experience with Banner student information system
- Serve as receptionist and perform other general office duties
- Provide guidance to current and prospective students about admissions/registration both verbally and electronically.
- Ensures accurate records are maintained for all student admissions processes, including application, admissions requirements, added to correct class, wait list, acceptance, and registration
- Assist in enrollment management.
- Review databases for reconciliation, student monitoring, and admissions activities and assist with reports as needed.
- Answer multi-line phone system and direct calls as appropriate Assists prospective and current students with general questions about the institution and its programs Perform other general office duties such as data entry, copying, distributing mail, filing, etc.
- Assist applicants in completing the online application for enrollment
- Maintains a working knowledge of institutional and federal policies as well as COE accreditation standards as they apply to student services (e.g. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VI, Title IX)
- Assists with campus tours, new student orientation, commencement ceremonies, and other college activities and events as needed Prioritizes projects, attending to multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting institutional and departmental deadlines
- Communicates professionally and tactfully with all members of the campus community. Fosters collegial relationships within and outside the department
- Performs other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to optimize peak work periods - (Essential)
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to exercise good judgement in evaluating situations and making decisions
- Ability to remain composed in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to foster relationships within and outside the department
- Possess a sincere interest in helping others achieve life goals
- Strong expertise with MS Office as well as field related hardware and software packages and systems
- Detailed-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments, environment and multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student populations
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.), understand and respond positively to their requests
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines